- Husband and Father of three sons.
- Derek has 25 years as a first responder serving the diverse communities of Long Island and NYC.
- Derek was a FBI/Counter Terrorism investigator and 9/11 first responder.
- Derek is a retired Nassau County, NY, Homicide Detective.
- Volunteer Baldwin PAL lacrosse coach.
- Derek will contribute a diverse perspective to the Board of Commissioners.
Derek Partee has dedicated his life to his family (Michele and their children), and public service.
Derek's public service sacrifice is evident with his career in law enforcement to protect and serve the citizens of this Country. He is currently a licensed Private Investigator in North Carolina working as a Homicide Consultant for Citywide Investigations, located in Waxhaw, NC.
Derek Partee is certified and experienced in conducting criminal investigations in the areas of Auto Crimes, Dignitary Protection, Gang Violence, Narcotics, Sexual Offenses, and Special Weapons Tactical Response.
Derek Partee was honored to be the first Detective in the History of NCPD to be assigned to the prestigious FBI Joint Terrorist Task Force (JTTF) Counter Terrorism Squad.
His major investigations included the anthrax threats to New York City News Media Corporations and most notably the horrific terrorist attack of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. Derek’s was later assigned to the elite NCPD Homicide Squad where he retired with a 100% solvability, closure and conviction rate.